Restart the audio engine.
The option “Restart the audio engine” can fix sound or audio device problems with a single command. Use it, when the audio has stopped (no sound, no meter) or is distorted (crackles).
This can happen:
- When the audio system configuration is changed (in Windows Control Panel / Sound).
- When an USB device is unplugged and plugged in again.
- When another active program is using the same audio device and blocks the use by VOICEMEETER.
Chose “Restart Audio Device” from the main VOICEMEETER Menu.
The command on top of the menu restarts re-connects devices and restarts the audio stream.
“Restart Audio Device” from a desktop icon.
It can be useful to restart the audio engine from a shortcut, for example to re-activate a known USB headset, which is already connected to a VOICEMEETER hardware input and re-plugged to the computer. In this case the Audio Engine has to be restarted.
- right click the desktop and chose New / Shortcut. Give the Shortcut a name (e.g. Restart Audio engine”)
- Choose the Voicemeeter.exe path and add “-r”
- Click “Advanced” and check: “Run as Administrator”.
You can run this command directly from the Windows command line, by entering:
“Restart Audio Device” from a macro button.
Simply choose the command “Command.Restart = 1” for a Macro Button.